Real estate agents are not just agents in the recent times. They have evolved into marketing professionals providing a broad range of services. It is advanced technology that has equipped the agents with some of the most useful tools needed for the real estate trade. Land agents or house agents were found serving the business of making arrangements for buying or selling land and houses respectively around 200 years ago. However, in the present times, the terms Broker and Estate Agent have evolved to include different services.
Typical Duties of a Realtor
The usual functions of an estate dealer include:
- Selling, buying and leasing the properties of their clients
- Coming up with property contracts
- Land agents not only need to deal with properties but they also need to know the locality they are serving very well. They also need to remain aware of the latest developments and the ones which are being expected. They must be knowledgeable about developments that can enhance the market value of different types of properties in the locality.
- Property dealers need to remain aware of new rental and sale costs of several types of comparable properties. They must also offer advice to their clients on the prices of various properties in an area.
- Showing the customers property sites
- Interviewing prospective clients
- Studying property lists
Exclusive Services Offered by the Realtors of the Modern Times
In the recent times, the job responsibility of a real estate agent has evolved into a marketing and sales discipline because of the growing competition in this field. It is only because of this reason that there are some added services offered by the realtors of the modern times. These services include:
- Marketing properties
- Preparing promotional information and sales brochures
- Managing the properties given out on rent
- Monitoring the progress of sales
- Negotiating sales
- Leading real estate team related to disciplines like real estate lawyers, mortgage brokers, contractors, inspectors and title companies.
- Managing websites and other related activities such as email, blogging and posting on social media.
- Using technology in their regular activities.